Follow this guide to learn how to extend your E-Bike's battery life.
Why am I not getting the range I expect from a full charge?
Anything that places additional strain on the motor will affect battery performance. Check out the list below for common problems and solutions you can apply to extend your E-Bike’s range.
- Under-inflated Tires. This is the most common reason for lower range. Make sure you inflate the tire pressure to the recommended PSI value (pound per square inch) stamped on the side of the tire.
- Cargo or extra weight. Heavier loads place more strain on your motor and battery, causing lower mileage.
- Terrain conditions. Riding on a flat surface places less of a strain on your motor and battery than riding on bumpy or varied terrain.
- Throttle or Pedal Assist System (PAS) usage. Using the Pedal Assist System (PAS) consumes extra battery power. Consistently using a higher setting will drain your battery more quickly.
- Stop-and-go traffic. Frequently stopping and getting your E-Bike back up to speed uses more charge than traveling at a consistent speed.
- Headwinds. Riding into headwinds can lower your battery's miles on a single charge.
- Air temperature. Excessively high or low temperatures can affect battery performance.
If none of the following factors help resolve your issue, please contact us at email@example.com for additional help.
What is the shelf-life of my battery?
A battery can last between 3 and 5 years, depending on its storage and charging frequency. If properly cared for, it can even last the lifetime of the bike.
How can I extend the self-life of my battery?
Avoid excessive heat. Charge your E-Bike battery at room temperature (50 °F – 77 °F or 10 °C - 25 °C) and keep away from all sources of heat including sunlight.
Unplug your charger once the battery is fully charged. Unplug your charger once the battery is fully charged (5 - 8 hours) to prevent range decline.
Recharge your battery immediately after it is depleted. Recharge your battery immediately after it is depleted to preserve its shelf life to ensure optimal long-term performance (keep the battery at least 65% charged at all times).
Can I get a replacement key for my battery?
Your bike comes with two keys to unlock your battery from the frame. For help with lost keys, please contact us for support at firstname.lastname@example.org.