Bandit E-Bikes all come equipped with a large smart color LCD screen. This guide will give you an overview of how to get the most out of your monitor.
Using Your Bandit LCD Remote
- “Set” Button: Press the "set" button to switch range, trip time, AVG speed, and trip distance. Hold the button to enter the menu.
- Power on/off: Hold the power button for 2 seconds to power up the bike. Hold it for 3 seconds to power off. Tap the power button to switch drive modes between “Front”, “Rear”, “Auto”, and “Max”. (This feature is only available on Dual Wheel Drive models)
- Headlight Control: Press and hold “-” button for 2 seconds to switch on or switch off the headlight.
- Assisted Pedaling: Press the “+” or “-” button to adjust the assist level from 0 to 6 (level 7 is available for Dual Wheel Drive models). When your assist level is at 0, press and hold “+” for 2 seconds to enable a short 6km/h (3.8mp/h) speed boost.
LCD Display Features
Check out the annotated image below to see what you can expect to see on your LCD display once it is turned on.
- Total remaining mileage: Estimated remaining mileage based on current battery life. The same unit of measure that the user selects will be used.
- Battery display: Accurately displays the percentage of remaining battery.
- Average speed per trip: Calculates your average speed based on travel distance and time taken.
- Utility Display: From top to bottom: Repairs Needed, Headlight Activation, Bluetooth Connection Status, Boost Activation.
- Speedometer: Accurately displays the rider’s speed of travel.
- Unit of measure for speedometer: Displays the user’s preferred unit of measure for speed.
- Error display area: Errors messages will appear here. When an error code is displayed, you should use it to troubleshoot the E-Bike.
- Power Output Level: Displays whether the rider is using Sport, Eco, or Normal Modes.
- Pedal Assist Level: Displays the rider’s selected level of Pedal Assist.
Menu Screen Elements
Clear Data: Clear riding data for your last trip here.
Units: You can adjust the unit of measure for speed here. The default measure is in mph.
Riding Mode: You can switch to your preferred Riding Mode here (Torque, Speed). The default Riding Mode is ‘Torque’.
Brightness: Adjust your display’s brightness level here. Brightness levels range from 1-5.
Passcode: Set your passcode here. By default, the passcode is 0000. You can also bind your NFC card with a passcode.
Connect: You can connect your monitor to an NFC card or to a mobile device via bluetooth here.
Connect With Bluetooth: Connect your Bandit E-Bike with your smartphone to optimize your ride experience using the Bandit App.
Using your monitor, search for your smartphone. Once it appears, select it to begin the pairing process.
Once pairing is completed, you will receive a confirmation message. After this, you can use the Bandit App to customize your E-Bike further.
Connect with NFC Card: Connect your Bandit E-Bike with an NFC card to unlock your E-Bike more easily. You can have up to 5 NFC cards. Press ‘Bind’ To begin the pairing process.
Place your NFC Card on the monitor to begin the pairing process.
A confirmation message will appear when the pairing process has successfully completed.
Information: Access basic information about your E-Bike here.